The Food Bank of Greenwood County is more than just a food bank. We are the home to four programs developed to assist our clients in addressing food insecurity.
Click on the following links to discover more about these programs:
- Emergency Food Pantry. This program operates from 10 AM until 1 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Sowing Seeds Program. Sowing Seeds is a unique program that allows clients to invest a small amount of money to receive food essentials. This program is on Thursday and Friday from 10 AM until 1 PM.
- CSFP. Commodity boxes are distributed monthly to qualifying seniors 60+ years of age.
- Mobile Sites. The Food Bank travels to different sites in Greenwood County each month to distribute food to those who qualify.
- Weekend Backpack Program. Food packs are distributed on Fridays to children at risk of weekend hunger.